a tutorial on how to make a cozy, winter-themed
with paper snowflake decoration
what you will need:
• paper snowflakes (i used 3, all had different sizes between 3 and 5 inches)
• parchment paper (about 8.5 x 11.5 inch sheet)• carton (2 about 1 x 11.5 inch strips)
• paint (optional, i used it to paint the carton)
• 2 clothes pins or paper clips
• tea light (for safety reasons i have to recommend using an electric tealight)
how to make this decorative winter votive - step by step instructions:
i painted the cardboard in a frosty aqua-blue so the tealight holder will match other wintery home decoration.
3) now put some glue on the strips of cardboard (preferably one at a time) and glue them on the top and bottom of the parchment paper piece.
4) apply glue to the entire back of the snowflakes, being very careful not to rip the paper, and glue them onto the inside of the parchment paper (not the same side that the cardboard strips are on). having them on the inside will give the illuminated votive a more soft, frosted look.
5) once all the glue has dried well, put some glue on one side of the parchment paper and cardboard, form a tube, and hold everything in place with clothes pins until the glue has dried.
6) done! all you need now is light up your tea light inside the votive and enjoy the warm glow and the beautiful shapes of your paper snowflakes.
See more projects and tutorials:
• SNOW DOME – create your own winter wonder land
• Magic Bottle Tutorial - make it sparkle
• Tea Light Holder 1 - craft tutorial
• Tea Light Holder 2 - craft tutorial
• Aspic-Preserved Hippos – a fun d.i.y. gift idea
visit our shop: artsyants.etsy.com