a tutorial on how to make a simple origami gift box
or stylish serving container
what you will need:
• a square sheet of paper (mine was approx. 12 inches to make a 4 inch box)
how to make this square box - step by step:
2) fold the paper in half twice so the fold marks create a "plus" symbol when you unfold.
for every step: crease well by folding tightly.
3) fold the corners over by pointing the tip towards the middle of the paper. repeat with all four corners.
4) fold each corner over again individually (as in step 3) but this time add an additional fold as seen in step 4.
5) once you completed the extra fold (step 4) your paper will look like this.
6) fold the paper as in the picture to create the first two outer walls of the box. (you can ignore the black stone, i only used it to have my hands free for the photo).
7) fold in the walls as in the picture to create a flap. the corner of the paper will point upwards. create the third wall by folding the flap over.
8/9) repeat step 7 to create the fourth and final wall. picture 9 shows this step from a different angle.
i'm sure you couldn't help but notice that i was using the perfect nail polish the day i took the photo ;)
• make sure your paper is really square. if it's not, cut it to be square.
• then use the paper you cut off creatively – i made a bow for the snack bag as you can see in the final picture below.
• make tight folds by creasing well (i ran my nails over every crease)
• try this project out with plain paper first so you don't waste the pretty paper in case it doesn't work out the first time.
since people's thinking patterns differ, here is a link to another instruction of how to make a simple origami box in case my tutorial doesn't quite work for you.
doesn't this make a cute gift box for snacks and candy?
and all you need is just some pretty paper and a few minutes of time!
More projects and tutorials:
• SNOW DOME – create your own winter wonder land
• Aspic-Preserved Hippos – a fun d.i.y. gift idea
• Magic Bottle Tutorial - make it sparkle
visit our shop: artsyants.etsy.com