Nov 22, 2011
Good morning everybody! It's time for another crafty tutorial, don't you think? So today, we'd like to share how to make a magic bottle. We've shared a tutorial last year about how to make snow domes already, but for those of you who would like something magical on your desk or windowsill all year, why not make a magic bottle?
It even involves a few less steps then the snow globes. Plus you don't need to let any glue dry. It's an instant gratification project, and who doesn't love that? So, let's get started!
Gather the ingredients:
What you will need:
• a clear, empty bottle (I used one with a cork but lids work as well)
• distilled water
• glycerin (i bought mine at the pharmacy)
• glitter flakes, sequins, light plastic beads - anything that sparkles and is
light enough to float around
• some pretty twine or lace to wrap around the bottleneck
Make your bottle:
• pour distilled water and glycerin into the bottle at a ratio of 1:1
• add glitter flakes, sequins and whatever else you want in your bottle
• close the bottle
• wrap pretty lace or twine or both around the bottle neck
• if you're giving your bottle away you might want to add a tag to tell the recipient
what this bottle is about
Give the bottle a good shake, hold it against the light or sunshine and enjoy the swirling and twirling and sparkling!
Similar projects and tutorials:
• SNOW DOME – create your own winter wonder land
• Snowflake Tea-Light Screen - wintery craft tutorial
• Aspic-Preserved Hippos – a fun d.i.y. gift idea