a tutorial on how to make a dancing owl
with moving wings and legs
what you will need:
• cardboard (you could recycle a cereal box)• scissors to cut out the pieces
• color pencils, markers, or crayons or whatever else you and your kids like to color with
• 4 beads (the ones i used are about 1/4 inch diameter)
• wire (about 8-10 inches)
• a printer (to print out the pdf if you decide to use it)
how to make this dancing owl toy - step by step:
2) cut out the shapes and punch little holes where you see the little dots (i used the tip of the scissors).
3) string a bead onto about 2 inches of wire (as seen below). with the bead on the front side of the owl, push the wire ends through the holes you punched. it will first go through the main body part of the owl and then also through a wing or a leg.
4) bend the wire that sticks through the holes apart. then fold half of the wire back towards the hole as a loop. this will fasten the body parts like a joint. repeat this with all wings and legs (see below).
5) done! let the owl dance begin!
visit our shop: artsyants.etsy.com